The Big Top Adventures Circus with Troy Wunderle and all students is taking place TOMORROW night (Friday, January 13):
- Students in Pre-K through First Grade should be dropped off at their classrooms between 6-6:15 p.m.
- Students in Second through Sixth Grade should go to their classrooms at 6:15 p.m.
- The Circus performance will start at 6:30 p.m. in the gym for family and friends.
- All students in grades K-6 can be picked up in their classrooms after the show
If your student cannot be at the performance and you have not already notified your student’s teacher, please reach out to their teacher. Students will be in their classrooms during the performance, but they will be able to watch the performance via Zoom and they will be seeing the show live during the dress rehearsal tomorrow. There will be Big Top Adventures merchandise for sale on Friday, and Troy Wunderle shares a portion of the proceeds with the Village School. Special thanks again to our school’s gold-level Business Partners in Education for helping to make this event possible: The Bank of Bennington, D.B. McKenna & Co., and RCS Consulting.
McCullough Library Partnership:
I am excited to introduce Cassidy Kokasko, the newest member of the Village School team. Ms. Cassidy joined the Village School last week as the school librarian in collaboration with the John G. McCullough Free Library. “The unique balance between school and public librarianship offers a chance to strengthen the connection between two fantastic institutions,” said Ms. Cassidy.. She is “exceptionally excited to have this opportunity.” You can read her full bio at this link: https://vsnb.org/faculty-staff/bio_kokasko.
Parking and Drop-off/Pick-up:
Parking can be tricky during the morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up times, especially during the winter months with inclement weather. To keep the students safe and to make the process as easy as possible for everyone, please do not drop off or pick up students in the street. If you are using School Street, please fully park your vehicle in a parking space before letting your student exit or enter the vehicle. It is important not to double park. If you are using the Drop-Off Zone on Church Street, you must stay in your car as this is a fire lane and a no-parking zone.
Thank you all for your cooperation and assistance in making drop-off and pick-up times safer for our students.
School Closed on Monday, January 16th and Fantastic Friday on January 20th
As a reminder, there will be NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 16, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Our school will hold a Fantastic Friday focused on the theme of diversity and tolerance on Friday, January 20 at 2 p.m. Students in all grades will participate in this event, and families and friends are invited to attend.
I look forward to seeing you for a fun circus performance tomorrow night!
• North Bennington’s annual Winter Festival will take place on Sat., Feb. 4, 2023, including the Lake Paran plunge, local food, music and performances, games for kids, the Weekend Fest Hockey Tournament, and much more! Proceeds will benefit the North Bennington Fire Department. Visit the North Bennington Winter Festival Facebook page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/NoBennWinterFest.
• The North Bennington Graded School District Prudential Committee is seeking a candidate for two vacant seats. Ray Mullineaux, the current Chairman, will stand for re-election for one of the seats. The NBGSD Prudential Committee is responsible for the annual budget and fiscal items, the annual meeting, facility issues pursuant to the lease agreement with the Village School, and residency issues. Residents of North Bennington or Shaftsbury District 1 can be considered for candidacy (as long as they are not SVSU, MAU, or SVUESD employees). Please help spread the word! For questions or to suggest a candidate, please reach out to Ray at email@example.com or to any of the other Committee members: Kim Krall, Kiernan McNamara, and Matthew Patterson.
2022-2023 Business Partners in Education
Thank you to the following businesses for their support of the Village School!
RCS Consulting: https://www.rcs.consulting/
Williams Financial LLC: https://williamsfinancial.net/
Bank of Bennington: https://thebankofbennington.com/
D.B. McKenna & Co., Inc.: https://www.dbmckenna.com/
Global-Z International: https://globalz.com/
Adam’s Lock & Security: https://www.adamslockvt.com/
Danielle D. Fogarty, PLC: https://www.ddfplc.com/
Madrus Masonry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Guru: https://www.power-guru.com
Powers Market: https://powersmarket.com/
The Studio on Main: https://www.idenabeach.com/
West Oil Company: https://westoilcompany.com/
Bennington Express Car Wash and Repair: https://www.benningtonlubeandwash.com/
Bennington House of Tile and Carpet: https://bennington.abbeycarpet.com/
Bolio Propane Service, LLC: https://www.facebook.com/BolioPropaneServiceLLC/
The Bennington Bookshop: https://www.benningtonbookshop.com/
The Richards Group: https://therichardsgrp.com/