This week’s production of Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night was a great success thanks to the hard work of the Village School’s After School Theater Troupe and the efforts of Annika Owenmark, the leader of the After School Theater Program.
• The Village School will be closed for the Winter Break from February 20-24th. Enjoy the break, and we look forward to seeing students back in school on Monday, February 27th.
• The school Nurse’s Office is looking for donations of clothing and shoes for students. Specifically, sneakers are needed in the following sizes: 12, 13, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Leggings are needed in sizes x-small to medium.
• Thank you to Village School School Counselor Pam Hubbs for organizing Puppets in Education presentations and workshops through the Vermont Family Network. We appreciate the generous support of Bennington Chevrolet in sponsoring this program and making it possible for the benefit of our students.
• Registration is open for the YMCA After School Program’s 4th session, which will run from February 27 to April 14. Click here for more information and registration.
• Bennington County Habitat for Humanity – Model Home Building Contest
The Bennington County Habitat for Humanity has announced that it will hold its third annual model home-building contest open to all students in Bennington County. The competition will be divided into three different age categories, consisting of grades K-4, 5-8 and 9-12. Students can build their model homes as a group of friends or individually. Groups are limited to no more than four students. Winners will receive a day at Bromley Adventure Park this summer, a gift certificate to Northshire Bookstore and a takeout pizza party. This year a grand prize of $1,000 cash has been donated.
Students interested in competing can access the official contest rules by visiting Bennington County Habitat for Humanity’s website, www.benningtoncountyhabitat.org/model-home, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
•Register now for the 2023 Lacrosse season with Mount Anthony Lacrosse Association (MALA)
MALA is a youth lacrosse club serving Bennington, North Bennington, Pownal, Shaftsbury, Woodford, and surrounding areas. Visit MalaVT.com for more information and to register for Spring lacrosse today!
• February and April Vacation Arts & Wellness Camps Are Taking Place at The Sage Street Mill
All Village School families receive 10% off the cost of these camps when using this coupon code: VSNB23FA. For more details and to register, go to this link: https://form.jotform.com/220255439096155
Campers will engage with nature outside and explore using natural materials to make site specific work and learn wellness practices through daily gratitude circles, fun individual art making, as well as team building activities inside beautiful Soulspace studios! The February break camp takes place from February 20-24, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with an option to register for early drop off at 8 a.m. The April break camp takes place from April 17-21st with the same times as listed above. Space is limited to 15 campers.
• The YMCA is offering a February Break Camp from February 20-24 (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) at the Bennington Sports Center.
Join the Y for a fun filled and active week. Indoor and outdoor sports, games, crafts, activities, and swim at the Rec Pool. The cost is $130 for the full week. Sign up at www.bfymca.org/programs or contact 802-442-1053 or email@example.com.
• Lake Paran’s School Break Camps are perfect for 6-12 year olds to explore and have fun over the vacations!
Visit this website for more information and to register: https://lakeparanvt.org/programs-and-camps/
Winter Break Recreation Camp: February 20th-24th | 8:30am-3:30pm
Camp activities will include sledding, nature exploration, learning about hibernation, snowshoeing, making comfort-food soup in our kitchen, and more!
Spring Break Recreation Camp: April 17th-21st | 8:30am-3:30pm
Camp activities will include canoeing, meet and greet baby animals, planting seeds, discovering insects, and more!
• Myers Prouty Children’s Campuses, Inc. (MPCC) is offering February and Spring break camps for kids in First Grade through age 12.
Those interested should fill out an enrollment form at the following website: MPCCVT.ORG. For more information, contact Tel: 802-733-0212.
• Chess Program for kids 6-16 years old with Trevor Plizga, Chess Coach, at the Bennington Free Library: Saturday, February 25th
How the Pieces Move (1-1:30 p.m.) // Check & Checkmate (1:30-2 p.m.) // Experienced Players (2-3 p.m.)
2022-2023 Business Partners in Education
Thank you to the following businesses for their support of the Village School!
RCS Consulting: https://www.rcs.consulting/
Williams Financial LLC: https://williamsfinancial.net/
Bank of Bennington: https://thebankofbennington.com/
D.B. McKenna & Co., Inc.: https://www.dbmckenna.com/
Global-Z International: https://globalz.com/
Adam’s Lock & Security: https://www.adamslockvt.com/
Danielle D. Fogarty, PLC: https://www.ddfplc.com/
Madrus Masonry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Power Guru: https://www.power-guru.com
Powers Market: https://powersmarket.com/
The Studio on Main: https://www.idenabeach.com/
West Oil Company: https://westoilcompany.com/
Bennington Express Car Wash and Repair: https://www.benningtonlubeandwash.com/
Bennington House of Tile and Carpet: https://bennington.abbeycarpet.com/
Bolio Propane Service, LLC: https://www.facebook.com/BolioPropaneServiceLLC/
The Bennington Bookshop: https://www.benningtonbookshop.com/
The Richards Group: https://therichardsgrp.com/