Click here to see more Spring Concert photos.
This has been another busy but successful week as teachers wrap up their classroom lessons and squeeze in the last of their field trips. Among this week’s numerous excursions, the sixth graders went to the Kelley Stand in Arlington to release the trout they raised as part of the Trout in the Classroom program.
Another highlight of the week was the Spring Concert in which Band, Chorus, and Strings Program members performed for a packed audience. All of these students did a fantastic job! It was especially impressive to see some students bravely put themselves out for solos. Click here to see the spring concert photo album.
As we head into the last week of school, I am sharing below a few important School Announcements and the 2023-2024 school calendar is available by clicking here.
Enjoy your weekend,
- On Tuesday, June 13, there will be a free end-of-year BBQ lunch for students and staff.
- The Sixth Grade Graduation Celebration will be held on Tuesday, June 13 at 6:30 p.m. at The Park McCullough Historic Governor’s Mansion (in the case of inclement weather, the graduation celebration will be held in the school gymnasium)
- The last day of school is Wednesday, June 14th. It will be a half day, with dismissal at 11:30 a.m. (students can pre-order bagged lunches with their teachers). The day will conclude with the annual Circuit Track (think of some good old fashioned fun with water balloon tosses, three-legged races, sack races, the parachute, bubbles, and bouncy house)!
- Progress reports will be sent home with students on Wednesday, June 14th
- The Berkshire Family YMCA will be offering After-Care programs next week at the Village School on June 12, 13, and 14 (click here to register) and at the Bennington Sports Center on June 15 and 16 (click here to register).
- 2023-24 VSNB Yearbooks are still available! The cost is $18, and they can be purchased at the school office with cash or a check made out to VSNB.
- The McCullough Library Summer Reading Program and Challenge for Kids 2023: All Together Now!
Children are invited to join the John G. McCullough Free Library‘s 2023 Summer Reading Program and Challenge. In addition to a robust schedule of free events, children who register and track their reading will be entered into drawings for fabulous prize baskets! Register online at this link: https://vermont.beanstack.org/reader365. If you have questions, email McCulloughYouthServices@gmail.com
- The Vermont Arts Exchange + Sunrise Family Resource Center are teaming up once again to present SUMMER JAM: a free family day on Saturday, June 24th from 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. at Lower Willow Park Pavilion. Enjoy live music with Moose Jr., hula hooping, food trucks, more than 15 vendors with activities galore, bike course, child safety car seat checks, Copsicles, VAE Art Bus, Music Making, Big Trucks, Bike Hub tune-ups, and more. Also check out the new playground at Willow Park! Sponsored in part by Bank of Bennington as well as Tri State Area Federal Credit Union and Fidium Fiber- Consolidated Communications.
- Southshire Youth Soccer – Fall 2023 Registration closes July 22nd
If you have a child entering Pre-K through 6th grade in the Fall, they are eligible to play on a Southshire Youth Soccer team. The league is designed to put kids first and winning and egos second. It is meant to be a fun, engaging team opportunity for kids to learn about soccer and enjoy the game. If your child hasn’t played in the past but would like to try soccer, you are encouraged to sign them up. Players must be at least 4 years old by September 1st. Registration Fee for Pre-K thru 3rd Grade (In-House Program) is $45 Registration Fee for 4th Grade thru 6th Grade (Travel Program) is $50.There is a $20 discount for registering 3 or more players from the same family. Registrations cannot be accepted after July 22nd.For more information and to register, please go to www.southshireyouthsoccer.org. All registrations are online. For any questions, contact: email@example.com.