School Day Procedures 2023-2024
Breakfast Program 7:45 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
Early Arrival/Morning Gym (Gym Door Entrance) 7:45 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
Main Lobby Doors Open 8:00 a.m.
Class Begins 8:15 a.m.
Dismissal 3:00 p.m.
Arrival (8 a.m.)
Morning arrival starts at 8 a.m. and students should be dropped off either on School Street or Church Street, depending on the grade of your student(s). If you have students in multiple grades, please use the location designated for your youngest student.
- The Church Street “Drop-off Zone” is for families with students in Pre-K through First Grade. Staff members accompany our youngest students into the school building and walk with them to their classrooms. If you have older students, they should be dropped off on Church Street, as well.
- School Street is only for families with students in Second Grade through Sixth Grade.
DISMISSAL (3 p.m.)
Students in Pre-K through First Grade must be picked up from their classrooms at the end of the school day by 3 p.m. by a parent/guardian and/or a designated pick-up contact, unless the student is enrolled in the After School Program. Parents/guardians will be admitted into the school building at 2:50 p.m. by School Staff at the main entrance. We ask that parents/guardians and designated contacts for pick-up please refrain from bringing any oversized bags or backpacks into the building.
Students in Second Grade through Sixth Grade are released outside for dismissal at 3 p.m. All students are expected to exit the building by this time unless accompanied by an adult (staff or family member) within the building for a specific purpose and/or enrolled in the After School Program or another officially organized activity/program. VSNB faculty and staff are unable to supervise students after 3 p.m., unless specific arrangements are made with an individual faculty or staff member.
ABSENCE/TARDY/EARLY DISMISSAL POLICIES
If your student will be absent, arriving late, or needs to be picked up early for an appointment, please notify the school’s main office at email@example.com or 802-442-5955. The office will notify your student’s teacher with these details. No student may leave the building during the school day without a parent or guardian providing permission to the school office. Students must be signed out of school by a parent/guardian or designated caregiver who is listed on your student’s Emergency Contacts list.
The school day begins promptly at 8:15 a.m. and the lobby door is locked at this time. Students who are not in their classrooms by 8:15 a.m. are considered tardy. Tardy students disrupt the classroom routine, so we ask that every effort be made to ensure your student arrives at school on time.
If your student arrives late, please use the doorbell and an office staff member will greet you using the intercom and camera at the main entrance. Students in grades Pre-K through First Grade need to be accompanied into the school building by their caregiver and sign in at the main office. Students in Second Grade through Sixth Grade do not need to be accompanied into the school building but must sign in at the main office.
Early Dismissal: Parents must email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call ahead to the main office at 802-442-5955 to notify the school that your student(s) will be picked up early. Communicating this information to the teacher is not enough; please contact the main office. The main office will inform your student’s teacher of the early pick-up. Anyone, other than a parent/guardian who is picking up a student early must be on your student’s Emergency Contacts list. Please be prepared to come into the school building to sign your student out at the main office. The process of dismissing a student early may take up to 10 minutes, and we recommend you build this extra time into your schedule.
Visiting During the School Day:
- Anyone visiting the school during the school day for any purpose other than dropping off or picking up students at the regularly scheduled times needs to sign in at the main office before going anywhere else in the school.
- Visitors will be provided with a visitor badge. Visitor badges include the school’s safety and security protocols in case of an emergency.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from bringing oversized bags or backpacks.
- Visitors must sign out at the main office and return their visitor badge before leaving the building.
- Please know that anyone seen in the building without a visitor badge will be greeted and asked to kindly return to the office to obtain one.
- During special school-wide events that are open to the community, such as a Fantastic Friday, our visitor sign-in procedure will be suspended for the event.