The Village School of North Bennington provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Now Hiring (details below):
•Grade 5-6 ELA/Humanities Teacher
•Substitute School Nurse
GRADE 5-6 ELA/HUMANITIES TEACHER
– Candidates for teaching positions at the Village School of North Bennington must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university; preference will be given to those with a degree in the content area. A Master’s degree and/or professional teaching certification is strongly preferred but not required.
– Candidates for this position must have experience with and a high comfort level in using Google Suite applications, including both Google Classroom and Calendar.
– Candidates for this position must possess a demonstrable knowledge of Zoom, including the ability to create, host, and deliver lessons via Zoom meetings.
Substitute teachers and substitute teaching assistants are needed on a per diem basis for our pre-k through sixth grade classrooms. This position is per diem during the school year only; it is contingent upon need and does not include a guaranteed number of hours.
- High school diploma or higher
- Must be able to pass a series of background checks, including fingerprinting
- Current CPR certification is preferred but is not required
- Prior classroom experience is a plus but is not required
- Requires the wearing of a facial covering that covers the mouth and nose when in the presence of others
- Must adhere to all school-issued guidelines pertaining to COVID-19 and our Community Commitment
Please apply through our ad on Indeed at: VSNB on Indeed
SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL NURSE
The School Nurse Substitute performs professional nursing duties as defined by Vermont guidelines, regulations, statutes, and Village School school policies. The Substitute prepares written reports for the purpose of data collection regarding Nurse’s Office and/or Isolation Room visits. The Nurse Substitute may provide medically prescribed interventions, including medication. The Nurse Substitute cares for ill or injured children, as well as administers first-aid in accordance with state protocol to students and school staff, and pursues any further necessary measures to ensure proper care of an accidental injury or sudden illness at school. This position is per diem during the school year only; it is contingent upon need and does not include a guaranteed number of hours.
Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
A valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Vermont is preferred
A valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Vermont will be considered
Current CPR certification
A minimum of one full year of relevant experience
Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Must be able to pass a series of background checks, including fingerprinting
Please apply through our ad on Indeed at: VSNB School Nurse Substitute on Indeed
CROSSING GUARD (Part-Time)
SHIFT: 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. AND 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. on FOUR school days (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays)
A Crossing Guard is needed to supervisor students crossing the street both before and after school, working from 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. before school and then again after school from 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. on FOUR school days (Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays).
TO APPLY: Please respond to our ad on Indeed at https://www.indeed.com/job/
Children are at the heart of all we do. We nurture a child's curiosity, ignite enthusiasm for exploring, develop tools for inquiry, for invention, for achievement. We welcome families into a community-wide collaboration to help our children grow into their best selves - responsible citizens and stewards of the greater world, makers of the future.