Sixth Grade Classroom Teacher Job Opening
Grade-level teachers at the Village School of North Bennington are responsible for providing all aspects of instructional services to the students of the school. Teachers will be accountable for creating, sustaining, and enhancing the purpose and promise of our school in their classrooms. Each teacher is expected to work collaboratively with faculty and staff to provide every student with an experience that ensures they will reach their full potential while attending the Village School of North Bennington.
Candidates for teaching positions at the Village School of North Bennington must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. A Master’s degree and/or professional teaching certification is preferred but not required.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY DUTIES:
- The teacher will develop and maintain a relationship with each child that ensures the child knows they are cared for and valued.
- The teacher will establish a learning environment that is stimulating and challenging for each child. The teacher will maintain a classroom environment that promotes inquiry, creativity, divergent thinking, respect, intellectual ambition, and an enthusiasm for learning.
- The teacher will collaborate with colleagues and administrators to ensure that each child’s experience at the school reflects a coordinated plan to maximize the opportunities for personal and educational growth.
- The teacher will develop and maintain positive partnerships with families as an important aspect of ensuring personal and educational growth.
- The teacher will actively participate in all aspects of the operations of the school understanding that each individual employed by the school shares a responsibility in sustaining and promoting the school. This commitment will include attending school activities, fundraising events, and other activities as may be developed or assigned by the Head of School.
- The teacher will commit to ongoing professional development, growth, and renewal continually learning and developing enhanced pedagogical skills.
- The teacher shall model caring and ethical behavior.
- The teacher will perform these responsibilities and others as assigned by the Head of School.
- The teacher will adhere to a work schedule that ensures each child has a maximum opportunity for success.
- The teacher shall report directly to the Head of School or their designee.
HOURS AND ATTENDANCE
- The teacher will work all student days as indicated by the annual school calendar. In addition, the teacher will be employed for 10 professional development days as determined by the Head of School each year.
- The teacher will arrive at school no later than 8:00 a.m. and leave no earlier than 3:30 p.m. The teacher will be expected to work until all duties for the day are completed. Examples of duties and responsibilities that would lengthen the teachers’ work day would include attending meetings and events, participating in professional development, providing additional assistance to students, or other responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
- To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume or CV to Head of School Tim Newbold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Village School of North Bennington provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Children are at the heart of all we do. We nurture a child's curiosity, ignite enthusiasm for exploring, develop tools for inquiry, for invention, for achievement. We welcome families into a community-wide collaboration to help our children grow into their best selves - responsible citizens and stewards of the greater world, makers of the future.