The Village School of North Bennington re-opened for in-person instruction on Tuesday, September 8, 2020. This page contains the most up-to-date school-wide communications and information from the Village School regarding COVID-19.
*Please see the Meal Plan details at the bottom of this page (updated 11/2/20).
MOST RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS SENT TO FAMILIES
• October 23 – Week 7 Announcement
• October 23 – Extending the Thanksgiving Break
ARCHIVE OF ALL 2020-2021 ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Acceptable masks include:
- Multilayer masks made of washable, breathable fabric (the CDC recommends masks with two or more layers)
- Disposable surgical masks (multilayer are best)
- Neck gaiters (cloth tubes that wrap around the face)
- Masks with valves (these only protect the wearer)
- Knitted or fleece masks
>> Click here to read the CDC’s flier on “How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask”
ILLNESS POLICY & NURSE’S OFFICE PROCEDURES
>> Click here to read the VSNB illness policy
>> Click here to read the VT Department of Health’s COVID-19 information for families’ return to school following illness
>> Click here for a flowchart on “COVID-19 in Pediatric Patients”: VT Department of Health & UVM’s algorithm for determining triage, evaluation, testing and return to school
COVID-19 RECOMMENDED RESOURCES
• General questions about COVID-19? Dial 2-1-1
• COVID-19 Testing: Click here for the latest information on testing (including where and how to get tested in the Bennington region)
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
• Government Information and Services:
• State of Vermont Agency of Education:
• United Counseling Service – Family Emergency Services
• Vermont Department of Health:
• Get the Facts on Coronavirus from CBC/Radio-Canada (Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIL5m5XznNY
• The National Association of School Psychologists Parent Resource for Talking to Children About COVID-19.
• The New York Times:
• National Child Traumatic Stress Network:
*FREE MEALS FOR ALL STUDENTS THROUGH DECEMBER 2020
VSNB is offering free weekday and weekend meals to all students through December 2020. Thanks to the USDA, AOE, SVSU, and the Abbey Group for making this happen. VSNB students can order and obtain their meals in school.
Meals are also being delivered Monday-Friday via bus throughout the greater Bennington region. All children 18 years or younger qualify for one free breakfast and one free lunch each day. In addition, meal pickups are available at the middle school on all weekdays, from 7:30 a.m. – 12 noon. Click here to go to the SVSU website for pick-up locations and more information.